So it seems that the short shorts from last season have prevailed onto the SS07 catwalk.
They are crisper and sharper than ever paired with the softer tops this season. For something more girly, pair them with feminine, frilly, soft tops like above in left: Derek Lam and right: Zac Posen. I LOVE the Peter Som (whoops! thx, I got too lazy to check!) outfit here, the contrast of the pretty frilly top and cardigan with the crisp boxy shorts is stunning.
For something more casual, pair them with this season's just as boxy structured tops left: Pringle of Scotland or loose tops right: Paul Smith. Last season I was still floundering, but this season I think I REALLY want a pair of white short shorts- preferably a boxy pair, because I think the "boxiness" has more volume, making the legs look slimmer. Also, it doesn't look as skimpy as hot pants.
So I am starting to look again this season. I am definitely going for white, because I think it will match everything best. Something like these two above from left: Adam + Eve and right: Express. In fact, I think I'll go to Express this weekend and try them on and see if they fit as perfect as they look!
More cute shorts from Alice + Olivia. I love the cuff details on the grey shorts!
For a bit more interesting details, go for the rows of buttons like these two from left: Lauren Moffatt and right: Express. Although, the downside is that its going to be the devil to take off, so don't wear them when you're going shopping for bottoms!

Photo Credits: Elle, Express and Shopbop
 
Top