On a very early Friday morning, Barneys Girl and a friend of ours -let's call her T for now -arrived at my room for the second editorial meeting I am Fashion has ever had. Minutes of the meeting:
- Concluded the fashion features of British Vogue are better than US Vogue.
- Cameras with only 3.2 mega-pixels are so not good enough, thus Barneys Girl will be buying a new camera with at least 5.0 mega-px v soon. (We used my handy 4.0 mega-px Canan iXus in the end.)
- T: OK, what purple do you want.
HG: How about this one? *moves the mouse to a v dark purple*
BG: That is not purple.
HG: Yes it is but fine, let's find a more purply purple.
T: How about this one?
BG & HG: Not dark enough.
And the selection of purple continued...
- T: You want the title in the center?
BG & HG: Yes!
HG: And shrink the title.
BG: Shrink the quote. Oh, and the title is still one or two spaces off from the center.
HG: Do the lines look too squished up?
T sits and photoshops in pain.
- HG decides that happy, Japanese pop music makes the atmosphere more creative and art studio-like, and decides to play even more J-pop.
- T shifted the layout like, 5px many times upwards and downwards, until perfect.
- T saved html of test templates and republished on Blogger more than 27 times. (And let me tell you, it was a BIG pain.)
- At 1:15pm, BG, HG and T cannot believe the new background was finally done. T secretly sighed in relief while BG and HG did a happy wiggle. BG and T celebrated with lunch in a mall while HG went to do community service.
Ah, a few last words: jewelry in the background bought from Anna Sui, Bebe, Claire's, random Japanese accessories shops and Tiffany's.